
RIYADH (Horn post) Iran’s military launched coordinated missile and drone attacks targeting multiple Gulf countries on Friday, with authorities across the region reporting ongoing engagements and interceptions.
Officials in Saudi Arabia said six ballistic missiles were fired toward the capital, Riyadh. The Defense Ministry reported that two of the missiles were intercepted, while the remaining four fell into the Gulf waters or uninhabited areas, with no immediate reports of casualties.
In Kuwait, authorities said the country’s largest commercial port, Shuwaikh Port, was struck earlier in the day. The state ports authority reported material damage but confirmed that no injuries or fatalities had been recorded.
The Defense Ministry in the United Arab Emirates said its air defense systems engaged six ballistic missiles and nine drones launched from Iran, successfully intercepting multiple incoming threats. Officials did not provide further details about damage or casualties.
Meanwhile, defense forces in Bahrain said they had intercepted a total of 362 drones and 154 missiles since the start of the conflict, including 12 additional drones compared with figures released a day earlier.
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps had earlier warned civilians in the Middle East to avoid areas hosting U.S. military forces, though it did not specify locations.
Authorities across the Gulf said defensive operations were still underway, raising concerns of a widening regional conflict as tensions between Iran and its adversaries continue to escalate.
Prepared by: Horn Post Staff
Contact: info@hornpost.com
Website: www.hornpost.com
Horn post staff
Horn Post Staff is a team of professional journalists and editors responsible for researching, writing, and publishing accurate, timely, and independent news coverage on HornPost.com. The team includes reporters based in Hargeisa, Mogadishu, Addis Ababa, and Nairobi, World, Africa, and middle east providing on-the-ground reporting and regional insights. Horn Post covers developments across Somaliland, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, and the wider Horn of Africa, as well as major global news. All reporting is fact-based and produced in line with the organization’s editorial standards for accuracy, fairness, and independence. Articles published under the byline “Horn Post Staff” represent collaborative newsroom work or reports filed by correspondents whose individual bylines may not be used on the website. Abdikarim Saed Salah is the Editor and Founder of Horn Post, overseeing editorial direction, standards, and content across the platform.


